Coconut and Cacao are one of my favorite flavor combinations. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse providing plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and a generous amount of fiber. Use raw cacao, if you can find it, as it provides higher amounts of magnesium and antioxidants than traditional cocoa powder. Don’t be afraid of the fat in this recipe, as it all comes from the coconut ingredients. Try this ridiculously easy recipe for a scrumptious snack or dessert anytime.
- 1¼ unsweetened coconut almond milk, such as Blue Diamond Brand
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T raw cacao, such as Nativas Naturals
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a glass container (a mason jar works well for this).
- If using a mason jar, secure lid and shake until well combined.
- If using container without a lid, a whisk works well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- The pudding requires no cooking, and will set up in a few minutes at room temperature. Additional chilling and time will the thicken the pudding further.